Vision and Values
‘Be kind to each other’ Ephesians 4:32
Wirksworth Federation of Infant Schools is situated in the heart of our picturesque and historic market town, surrounded by the beautiful countryside of the Derbyshire Dales.
Wirksworth Church of England Infant School and Wirksworth Infant School became a Federation in 2004. This means that our two small schools have the same joint governing body and the same head teacher and are able to share resources and expertise. Because the two schools are in close physical proximity, our staff teams are able to work together and children access the facilities at both sites, learning and working together in a safe and inspiring environment.
- Across the Federation, every child has access to an extensive and balanced curriculum which prepares them for life in Modern Britain.
- We make lots of use of our vibrant community areas and local outdoor spaces which provide abundant resources for learning and teaching experiences.
- Christian values and the enriching environment of our schools nurture children's academic, social and spiritual development.
- A close partnership is encouraged between parents/carers, governors and the local community to ensure everyone feels valued and cared for.
- You are welcome to visit. Please Contact us to make an appointment.
Our school vision is: Inspiring Learning for All
Our school rules are: We listen, we think, we care, we share
Our school Values for Life:
Alongside the promotion of British Values, we promote daily 18 core Values for Life.
Links to family activity sheets for each of these values can be found below. Each core value is taught discretely over a three-year rolling programme.
|Rule of Law||Tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs|
These five fundamental British Values are promoted through high quality teaching, a rounded programme of collective worship and a positive behaviour policy, allowing children to demonstrate skills and attitudes that will allow them to participate fully in and contribute to life in modern Britain.
Please see our British Values policy for further details.